These fresh fig canapes are best when served immediately after making. The flavors of the sharp arugula, creamy cheese and salty prosciutto meld beautifully with the sweetness of the figs.
- One pound fresh figs, rinsed, dried, and tops removed
- 2 oz fresh baby arugula
- 5 oz roquefort or blue cheese
- 1 slice prosciutto cut into thin strips
- Make two deep cuts in the top of the fig, perpendicular to each other
- Pipe 1/2 oz of the cheese into the opening
- Top with a leaf of arugula and a strip of prosciutto
- Serve immediately and enjoy!