- One frozen unbaked pie crust
- 1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 5 Roma or 4 medium tomatoes
- 1 cup of loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- Fresh basil leaves to garnish
Unfold frozen pie crust in 9″ glass pie plate or quiche dish. Flute edges and pre-bake per instructions. Once pie crust is removed from oven, sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese and cool on a wire rack.
Slice tomatoes into wedges and drain on paper towels. Arrange over the melted cheese in the baked pie shell. In food processer, combine basil leaves and garlic and process until coarsely chopped. Sprinkle over tomatoes.
Combine remaining mozzarella cheese with mayonnaise, parmesan and pepper. Spoon cheese mixture over basil mixture, spreading to evenly cover the top.
Bake in 375 degree oven for 35 – 40 minutes, until top is bubbling and golden. Serve warm, sprinkling with basil leaves if desired.